DIY Roof Replacement vs. Professional Roofing Replacement
You have the option to get your roof replaced on your own. But you can always contact a professional team if you need help just as well. You should think carefully about what you are doing in any case. The main rule of thumb here is to work with the replacement on your own if you have enough expertise and if the situation is minor, but a professional team is best if the process might be more extensive or tough to work with.
Replacing on Your Own
- You can replace parts of your roof if you notice any slight leaks. These include spots where water is dripping in a small space.
- Replacing individual loose shingles is fine to do on your own. You can do this if there is just a small patch of shingles that need to be replaced.
- Think about how well you understand the roof replacement process. You can always work with this on your own if you have the materials needed, but it is best for when you are working in a smaller space.
- You would have to watch for how the shingles around your roof are laid out and if they are shedding their materials. A full inspection of your gutters might be required at this point. This would require extra effort and might require you to remove and replace your gutters if necessary.
- Replacements work on your own if you have not added any layers to your roof and your roof is also less than fifteen years of age. You would have to check your local homeowner’s association to see if you can get a new layer added without having to go through extensive repairs in your local area.
Hiring a Professional
- Professional roof replacement employees work best on larger surfaces as well as on steep and complicated roofing surfaces.
- A professional should be contacted if the leaks around a roof are too strong or if there are far too many of them scattered around the place.
- Contact a professional if you have too many shingles around your roof that need to be replaced. This could be a sign of the shingles being too weak in a few spots.
- A professional team will help you if you are struggling to find the shingles you need for your roof. It is best to get such a team to replace your entire roof if you are unable to find matching shingles that fit on your existing roof if you have a spot to fix up.
- You should also contact a professional team if there is more than one layer of shingles on your roof. At this juncture, you would surely have to get your roof replaced all the way just to get it taken care of properly.
Which Works Best?
The best solution for taking care of your roof will vary based on the intensity of repairs. It is fine to get a replacement task handled on your own if it is rather minor, but it would be better to contact a professional if the task is extensive and might take weeks at a time just to get it finished up right.